J-PAC (Japan Program at Chiba) is offered to students from academic institutions with which Chiba University has university-level student exchange agreements, and whose academic interest is in the area of Japanese culture and society. J-PAC includes International Liberal Arts Program, which offers to students irrespective of their area of specialization, and Japanese Studies Program, which is designed for students who specialize in Japanese studies at their universities. Both start in October and end in August of the following year, however, they can also accommodate students who wish to study at Chiba University for only one semester, commencing either in October or in April in the following year.
Program Brochure: http://www.chiba-u.ac.jp/global/sai/J-PAC2018-2019_english.pdf
List of course offered: http://www.chiba-u.ac.jp/global/sai/J-PAC_Course_Descriptions_2018-2019.pdf
October – February (Fall Semester)
March – August (Spring Semester)
SCHOLARSHIPApplicants may be eligible for a JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization) scholarship of approximately ¥80,000/month (subject to change). Chiba University will normally recommend several eligible candidates for JASSO scholarships. Applicants who are due to commence their study in October will be notified about the JASSO decision by June 30 and those who are due to commence their study in April will be notified by the end of February. However, please note that the number of JASSO scholarships is limited and being accepted as J-PAC student does not guarantee your scholarship application will be successful. Applicants cannot apply to JASSO directly.
• Application Form http://www.chiba-u.ac.jp/global/sai/J-PAC2018-2019_Application_form.docx
• Motivation Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (2 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• Certificate of Japanese language proficiency by a Japanese language instructor
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)