[This program is self-funded]
Chung-Ang University is preparing for their incoming exchange student nomination period for Spring 2018 semester. They are delighted and look forward to seeing UGM students there at CAU!
One Semester(Spring semester, 2018 only): March 2nd, 2018 ~ June 16th, 2018
Two Semesters(Spring semester, 2018 and Fall semester, 2018 – a year): March 2nd, 2018 ~ December 15th,\
Application procedure: Application Procedure Information & Fact Sheet(2018 Spring)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you MUST prepare this document:
Students must complete online application form and upload below documents on our online application system.
1) Complete Online Application Form for the Exchange Program
2) Official Academic Transcript from Home University
3) Valid Copy of Passport: Your personal information should be shown on the scanned page and the expiry date should cover the whole study period.
4) Financial Statement (Official document provided by bank, the other documents are not available)
a. For exchange student, more than 12,000 USD in balance for one year / 6,000 USD in balance for one semester)
b. For fee-paying student, more than 20,000 USD in balance for one year / 10,000 USD in balance for one semester)
The required amount is subject to change according to the actual living cost every year.
5) Signed Dormitory Agreement (if applying for on-campus housing) – found on the online application; print, sign and upload a scanned copy of it.
6) Attach Digital Passport-size Photo Image File with the following Specifications
a. Size: 3.5cm x 4.5cm
b. Color photograph of face, front view, on white background, taken within the past six months
※ Admission letter will not be issued in any absent of above documents.
– Those two documents below should be sent to us at email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8) TB test result: Those who are living in the dormitory should submit a scanned copy of TBtest result in English to email@example.com. TB test date should be from 3month before theday of entrance to the dormitory. (For Fall semester – after June 2, for Spring semester – after December 2)
9) Insurance: Exchange students will be able to purchase an insurance plan after their arrival in Korea at CAU. But in case that you want to purchase it in your home country, please send a scanned copy of the certificate to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It should be valid until the end of your study period, and has to guarantee enough amount of coverage.
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you should apply online to Chung-Ang University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Korea University of Technology & Education (KOREATECH).
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than October 18, 2017.