[This program is self-funded]
Humanitarian Affairs UK will host the 8th University Scholars Leadership Symposium (USLS) 2017 at United Nations, Bangkok in Thailand from August 1st to 7th 2017. The theme of the Symposium is “Building LIFE, Giving HOPE”. We are expecting about 900 emerging world leaders from the United Nations Member States to participate in this event which focuses on developing leaders to bring social change.
The USLS is a week-long Leadership Conference in Social Development for young leaders from all over the world. The purpose is to instil a sense of social responsibility as well as to cultivate the attributes of selfless giving among our emerging world leaders. The young participants will learn what it means to give back to the community and be challenged to respond to the needs of the marginalized with works of kindness and unconditional service. Delegates will have the opportunity to expand their professional network and understanding of world affairs. They will be motivated to use their knowledge and leadership skills to impact the communities in need.
Humanitarian Affairs UK, is affiliated to United Nations Global Compact, World Association of Non-Governmental Organization, International Association for Voluntary Efforts and the World Alliance for Citizens Participation. More information about the program, speakers and fees of the Symposium can be obtained from www.universityscholars.org.uk or from United Nations webpage at : UN Reliefweb. For other enquiry, kindly write to UN@humanitarianaffairs.org
Application Fee: 30USD
Program Fee: 650 – 950 USD
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue to register online.
4) FINAL decision from United Nations, Bangkok.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than March 10, 2017.