[The program is self-funded]
Founded in 1882 at the heart of Tokyo, WASEDA University is recognized as one of the most international universities in Japan. From 2014, Waseda started a four-week summer session at the undergraduate level. We welcomed highly motivated international students from 65 universities in 13 different countries and regions around the world in 2016. Together with Waseda students, they fully explored Waseda and Tokyo, which is consistently ranked high among the best cities to visit in the world. You can take part in the courses which cover a variety of interests including business, culture, economics, history, literature and politics in the context of Japan and Asia. The courses are taught in English by experienced faculty members from Waseda and visiting professors from our partner institutions. Japanese class are optional.
For further information, please go to: http://waseda-summer.com/index2/
Program brochure: http://www.waseda.jp/cie/summersession/SummerSession2017-leaflet.pdf
June, 23 – July, 20 2017
Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan.
4 credits for 2 courses (Required)
Choose 2 courses out of 15 regular courses
1 credit for Japanese language class (Optional)
Choose 1 course out of 3 levels
List of course offered: http://waseda-summer.com/courses/#sec4
• Motivation Letter (why you would like to join the Summer Session)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (2 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Waseda University and you may continue online registration as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Waseda University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than March 3, 2017.