[This program is self-funded]
In this program, Southeast Asian students from ACP consortium universities learn together about various concepts related to “Safety and Reliability.” Hyogo Prefecture in Japan is known as its fast big disaster area blown by a gigantic earthquake directly below the big modern city of Kobe, “The Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake” in 1995. Hyogo Prefecture has been being the center of experience and knowledge of “safety management” in terms of disaster prevention and mitigation ever since. National and international organizations and institutions accumulate at “HAT Kobe” area and many scholars, researchers, administrators and students etc. from all over the world visit and study there.
Program Brochure: Flyer(1)
Come and join the program, and learn through fieldworks and lectures about disaster management and prevention together with the students of Kansan University of International Studies and other South Asian Universities. You will also compare the aspects of safety and security and come up with the countermeasures against disaster in your home country.
Mar 6 (Mon)- Mar 13 (Mon) at Kansai University of International Studies, Hyogo, Japan
Include accommodation, transport during the program and some food specified
Exclude transport between your home and Kansai International Airport, KIX, in Japan
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Kansai University of International Studies as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Kansai University of International Studies.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than February 17, 2017.