The Global Collaborative Summer Program was established through an institutional agreement between Kyung Hee University and the University of Pennsylvania and was later supported by other prestigious universities as well as international organizations such as the United Nations. Under the theme “Humanity, Civilization, and Global Governance,” the Global Collaborative Summer Program seeks to promote a better understanding of the East Asian region and the world through the lens of “world peace” and the “global common good.” It also aims to provide a new, internationally-focused paradigm of higher education by integrating education, research, and global service.
Kyung Hee University, together with the Global Collaborative Summer Program, is proud to launch Global Forum for Humanities and Social Studies, a discussion on the future of humanity, a future in which we all take part. The Forum is open to all who are interested in the topic of humanity and civilization. In the future, it will be necessary to find harmony between diversity and universality. The globalized world in which we live already requires us to find harmony between tolerance and peace, cultural diversity and sustainability. Through the Global Collaborative Summer Program and Global Forum for Humanities and Social Studies, we wish to explore the possibilities of a better, more sustainable future.
For further information, please visit: http://gafc.khu.ac.kr/gep/sub1_1_welcome.html
Orientation and opening: June 30, 2017
Class : July 3 – July 21, 2017
Korean Culture Week : July 22 – July 27, 2017
Location: Seoul Campus, Kyung Hee University
Humanity & Civilization, Peace & Global Governance, Global CSR & Sustainable Development.
List of course: http://gafc.khu.ac.kr/gep/sub2_1_1_courses.php
|Required||General Applicant(Tuition)||1-4 credits
|Partner University Applicant(Tuition)||USD 1,000|
|Optional||Dormitory(Double)||KRW 405,000/person(approx. USD 400)|
|Korean Culture Week||KRW 200,000/person(approx. USD 200)|
• Motivation Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (2 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Kyung Hee University and you may continue online registration as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Kyung Hee University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than February 20, 2017.