[Scholarship offered for this program]
Short-term Exchange Program in Science and Engineering (STEP) is a one-year study program hosted by Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology. Starting in October every year running until September following year, the STEP program accepting international applications from TUAT’s overseas sister’s universities. Every year, about 20 international students from Europe, North America, South America, Africa and Asian countries are participating in this program. Successful applicants are expected to experience research activities in laboratories, Japanese language and cultural studies, one’s major related course works and general studies in Science and Engineering.
The purpose of STEP program is to provide opportunities for international students to pursue research activities on latest industries and technologies in Japan; and expecting them to contribute in the development works through collaborative research activities. The program also aims to promote the globalization of TUAT by fostering the relationship between Japanese students and international students; which gives the better understanding opportunity of Japan to the global community.
For further information, please visit: http://web.tuat.ac.jp/~icenter/en/exchange_program/step.html
October, 2017 – March, 2018 (One Semester)
October, 2017 – September, 2018 (Two Semester)
JASSO Scholarship, JPY 80.000/month
• Application Form 2017-2018 STEP Application Form
• Explanation for Grade System of your Transcript of Academic Records with an authorized signature (either in English or in Japanese).
• Curriculum Vitae
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from academic advisor (please refer to application form above)
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (2 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
• Motivation Letter
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than February 10, 2017.