[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Hungary provides high quality education in the heart of Europe. Today, there is a growing demand of international students to study in Hungary. Besides the quality of education and degrees recognised throughout Europe and beyond, students are attracted by the affordable living costs with an extremely favourable cost-to-value ratio, a safe and friendly living environment with convenient public transportation, the central location of the country in Europe and the unspoiled natural beauties combined with a 2000 year-old, rich Hungarian history and several UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Hungary is also within the top countries with the highest number of scientific Nobel Prize Winners per capita, and a numerous scientific inventions from Vitamin C to Rubik’s cube and so on.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
For more information: http://www.tka.hu/docs/palyazatok/20161216_call_for_applications_2017_20181612191418.pdf
- Tuition-free education
- exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies. Please see details in section 1.2.1.
- dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Medical insurance
- health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
Please refer to http://www.tka.hu/docs/palyazatok/20161216_call_for_applications_2017_20181612191418.pdf
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Tempus Foundation.
4) FINAL decision from Tempus Foundation.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than February 21, 2017.