[Scholarship is offered for this program]
SPECIAL THREE-YEAR DOCTORAL PROGRAM
for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN TROPICAL and SUBTROPICAL AGRICULTURE
and RELATED SCIENCES
The United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Ehime University (UGAS-EU) is a consortium of the graduate schools of agriculture at Ehime and Kagawa Universities, and Agricultural Sciences, Graduate School of Integrated Arts and Sciences, Kochi University, on the island of Shikoku, Japan.
We consider it necessary that students of agricultural sciences widen their scope and deepen their disciplines. Accordingly, to fill the growing need for environmental studies as well as resource studies in the tropics, UGAS-EU established in 1990 special program for international students in the field of tropical and subtropical agriculture and related sciences. A limited number of students in this program are supported by scholarships provided by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (Monbukagakusho: MEXT). Applications are now being accepted for October 2017/September 2020 program in accordance with the UGAS-EU admission policy.
Application Guidelines for a Japanese Government Scholarship
1) Field of Study, Number Awarded and Supervisor
a. Field Study : Applications for any field in tropical and subtropical agriculture and related sciences are accepted.
b. Number Awarded : UGAS-EU will recommend six candidates for the scholarship.
c. Supervisor : An application will not be considered if your choice of supervisor is not included. Before applying you must consult with your preferred supervisor about your research topic. Please refer to the list provided in this booklet (“Field of Instruction and Supervising Professors”). After admission, two co-supervisors (from “Co-Supervising Professors”) are assigned to each candidate. The degree of Doctor of Agriculture or Doctor of Philosophy will be covered on those who satisfactorily complete all the requirements in three years.
a. Eligibility : Those living abroad who wish to pursue graduate study and are engaged in education, research and technology in a university, institute or enterprise.
b. Nationality : Any nationality approved by the Japanese Government.
c. Age : Applicants should be under 35 years old as at April 1, 2017.
d. Applicants should possess a master’s or equivalent degree as at September 30, 2017. If the applicant does not have a master’s degree but feels he or she has done the work, it is possible to submit the work to UGAS-EU.
e. Academic Record : An applicant’s academic record in the past two years must meet a minimum standard of 2.30 as set by MEXT.
f. The applicants should be in sufficiently good mental and physical health.
g. Applicants should attained a level of English proficiency of 600 or higher in TOEIC (paper-based test) or similar level in TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
h. Succesful applicants should be able to arrive Japan between September 20 and October 3, 2017.
1) Application form for Japanese Government
2) Application form for UGAS-EU
3) Field of Study and study program (http://rendai.agr.ehime-u.ac.jp/english/kenkyu/index.html)
4) Official proof of the applicants’s master’s degree
5) Official proof of the applicant’s undergraduate degree
6) Official transcripts of the applicant’s academic records.
7) A document issued by the last educational institution attended
8) Certificate of citizenship
9) Five passport-sized photographs
10) List of publications (master thesis, books, and academic papers)
11) One copy of the master’s thesis
12) Reprints of books and academic papers.
13) TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS certificate
15) A detailed proposal
16) Letter recommendation written by the head
17) Letter of recommendation written to the Dean of UGAS-EU
18) Record of contact with the prospective supervisor
19) Check list for Japanese government scholarship applicants.
*All the application forms and information are provided in A PRINTED BOOKLET which is available at OIA UGM (Bulaksumur Blok F-13). Applicants are allowed to make a copy of it.
*All documents listed above should be sent to the Dean of UGAS-EU through the head of the institution with which the applicant is affiliated.
**All documents should be sent by registered mail and must arrive at the Dean’s office by January 13, 2017.
Deadline : 16 Desember 2016.
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Applicant, OIA will send your application to UGAS-EU as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from UGAS-EU.
Please send all the aforementioned documents in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than December 16, 2016.
The United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences
3-5-7 Tarumi, Matsuyama, Ehime 790-8566
Japan Fax: 81-89-943-5242
WEBSITE >>> http://rendai.agr.ehime-u.ac.jp/english/index.html
For more information, please communicate directly to contact person mentioned above. Thank you