[Scholarship is offered for this program]
The Spring Program offered by the College of Cross-Cultural and Multidisciplinary Studies at Kumamoto University was created to provide international students who have an interest in studying abroad in Japan with a chance to experience life as an international student at Kumamoto University.
The Spring Program offers two courses to participants: an English Course (conducted in English) and a Japanese Course (conducted in Japanese).
WEBSITE >>> http://www.c3.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/en/2267/
English Course: Tuesday, February 14 – Thursday, February 23 2017 (10 days)
Japanese Course: Tuesday, February 28 – Thursday, March 9 2017 (10 days)
Each course of the Spring Program has its own study theme. For the English Course, the theme is “Kumamoto Groundwater and Environmental Sustainability.” For the Japanese Course, the theme is “Japanese Language and Culture.”
Participation in this program is open to students who:
・are undergraduate students studying at universities with which Kumamoto University has agreement for academic or student exchange
・have English language proficiency equal to or greater than IELTS level 5
・have Japanese language proficiency equal to or greater than JLPT N4
*Please note that participation in this program is limited to 40 students. If we receive more than 40 applications for the program, a selection will be held based on Grade Point Average (GPA).
The following are tentative schedules for each course of the Spring Program. Please note that the contents are subject to change.
※ A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to all students who successfully complete the contents of the program.
English Course: 80,000 Japanese Yen
Japanese Course: 80,000 Japanese Yen
○ includes accommodation, class fees, field trip fees, and breakfast.
× Does not include the cost of transportation to or from Japan, the cost of transportation within Japan, or the cost of meals (other than breakfast) during the program.
The program Fee will be collected in cash after arriving in Japan.
Participants who meet the necessary qualifications are eligible to receive a government scholarship worth 80,000 Japanese Yen, provided by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO), for their own personal use.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must have a GPA greater than or equal to 2.3, and not receive any other scholarships for this program which exceed 80,000 Japanese Yen. Please note that there are a limited number of scholarships available, and they will be awarded based on the applicants’ GPA scores.
• Application Form >>> spring-program-application-form
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (3×4 cm, white background color, taken within the past six months)
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Enrollment from faculty
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• Letter of Recommendations from academic advisors
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 8.0 or IELTS 6.0) or Japanese language proficiency (Min. Score of JLPT N2/N3 or CEFR A2/B1)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Kumamoto University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Kumamoto University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than November 16, 2016.