[This program is self-funded]
The aim of this program is to invite university students from outside of Japan and create a stimulating learning environment for promoting globalization and diversity.
The program consists of 3 courses: “Japanese Business and Economy”, “Media and contemporary issues in Japan”, and “Japanese Language” (Beginner level). Among those courses, students take a minimum of two and a maximum of three. Each course consists of fifteen 90-minute sessions, and participants learn about these aspects of Japan comprehensively and intensively in 4 weeks. To further enhance the effectiveness of Japanese language acquisition, students will have opportunities to practice their language skills with native Japanese students of Sophia University with our “Language Exchange Program”.
Other than class lectures, participants will go on excursions like a factory tour and a media studio tour. This program is designed in such a way that the participants will be able to learn about and experience Japan both inside and outside classes.
January 5 – January 31, 2017
¥153,000 for two courses
¥173,000 for three courses (20,000 yen will not be refunded once your payment is made if you change your mind and decide not to take a course before the program starts or if you withdraw from a course during the withdrawal period.)
*Tuition is payable only online by credit card, PayPal or ChinaPay.
*Exemption of tuition according to the exchange partnership agreement does not apply to the applicants of this program.
*A full refund will be made if your notice of cancellation is received by the Center for Global Discovery before 5pm on December 4th, 2016 (JST).
• Digital passport-size photo (white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Enrollment from faculty
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• Letter of Recommendations from academic advisors
• Copy of passport
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=550, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue register online to Sophia University as for host university selection.
3.a) Visit https://sophia.applyjapan.com/#SummerSessionAppCategory
3.b) Create an online account to complete the Application Form
4) FINAL decision from Sophia University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than October 28, 2016. Finish your Online Registration before November 4, 2016.