We are pleased to announce the Call for Applications in the SEARCA Regional Professorial Chair Grants 2015-2016. Each grant is for total amount of US$5.000 and is open to outstanding Southeast Asia academics Championing inclusive and sustainable agricultural and rural development. which is the priority thus of SEARCA for its current Five-year Plan.
The following are the guidelines of the SEARCA Regional Professorial Chair Grant:
The awardees must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Southeast Asian national with tenure and holding an academic rank of not lower than Assistant Professor.
- Must have a PhD in fields related to the advancement of agricultural science and technology and development of rural households/coummunities (See table 1 in attachement for field of study)
- Must have proven track record of exellence in academic and/or research in your chosen field of specialization within the board priority thurst of SEARCA
- must have not been a recipient of a SEARCA Regional Professorial Chair Grants in the past five (5) years.
- Must have the official endorsement of the Chief Executive/Head of your intitution not only on the applicant’s academic qualifications but also on ypur good moral character.
The following are Term of Reference of the Grantee:
- Teach at least on graduate course in your area of specialization at the university during the year of award.
- Deliver at least one public lecture on the subject of your research (which should be alligned with SEARCA thrusts) during the period of award at your university.
- Submit a hard and soft copy of your public lecture to SEARCA upon culmination of your professorial chair grant.
- Submit a manusript of your paper for possible publication by SEARCA.
- Letter from the Chief Executive/Head of the Institution endorsing at most three initially screened applicants with a summary of information on the credentials of the nominee(s) based on Form 1–> Download [Form 1]
- Curriculum vitae of the recommended/endorsed faculty members and a summary of the information as requested.
- A summary/outline of proposed lecture of the faculty member-applicant of not more than three pages highlighting the expected results of the research study and describing its relevance in terms of regional development issues and as they relate to SEARCA’s thrusts
- English proficiency certificate (Min Score : TOEFL ITP:530,IBT:80, IELTS:6.0)
Attacement : Download [SEARCA]
Please send 2 copies of all documents above to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no latter than 29th January 2016 on 1 pm