Tokyo University of Foreign Studies has International Student Exchange Program of Tokyo University of Foreign Studies: ISEPTUFS.
The ISEPTUFS program is a one-year short-term exchange program designed for international students, as well as Japanese students. The program provides students with the opportunity to study in Japan and helps them to acquire a firm understanding of Japan and the international community. Meanwhile, the program aims to promote meaningful cultural exchange and to contribute to the cultivation of outstanding professionals with international backgrounds.
- Application form with a photo attached (Application form can be filled after students have already nominated by UGM)
- Application for an on-campus dormitory room
- Application for Certificate of Eligibility with a photo attached ( form can be filled after students have already nominated by UGM)
- Certificate of Enrollment of the application for the JASSO Scholarship and Essay
- Official academic record written in English or Japanese
- A copy of English proficiency exam score report Or
- A copy of Japanese Language Proficiency Test score report
- A copy of Passport
- Official documents to show sufficient funds for studying in Japan such as; proof of scholarship, bank statement or income verification of the supporter
- 3 extra photographs
Application for Certificate of Eligibility Sample download
Necessary language requirements:
Since students take ISEP classes conducted in English, students need to have the appropriate English ability. The prospective students are required to submit any one of the following English ability test scores;
Cambridge CAE (Grade C)
Cambridge CPE (Grade C)
Sufficient Proof of Equivalent English Proficiency
Since students will take undergraduate/graduate classes conducted in Japanese, students must have a high level of Japanese ability. The prospective students are required to demonstrate the Level N2 (Level N1 preferred) of Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
The Ministry of Education of Japan supports the Japan Students Service Organization (JASSO) Scholarship Program, which many international exchange students coming to TUFS receive each year. Students applying to either of our exchange programs are therefore asked to submit a Certificate of Enrollment Form for the JASSO Scholarship Program with their Application to TUFS. Basic information regarding the program is provided below.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Not currently hold Japanese citizenship.
2. Be enrolled in a regular degree program at a university that has concluded an Academic Exchange Agreement with TUFS.
3. Eligible for exchange study under the rules of their home university’s exchange program.
4. Be in good academic standing and posses good character.
5. Be motivated, with a clear plan of study, and a likelihood to benefit from studying in Japan.
6. Do not have the financial resources to study in Japan without the JASSO Scholarship.
7. Agree to resume their studies at their home university upon completion of their period of study in Japan.
8. Not be receiving any other public or private scholarships during their period of study in Japan.
When students are selected as a scholarship recipient, they must submit all required documents to TUFS when they finish their exchange program at TUFS.
Students need to send their transcript to TUFS when they transfer the credits obtained at TUFS to their home university after they finish the exchange program.
Presently we have three dormitories on campus of the university. However, the possibility exists that students can not receive accommodation at these dormitories because of an increasing number of international students. Those who cannot be accommodated on campus will need to find and live in alternative apartments off campus. The average rent off campus per month is around 60,000~70,000 Yen. Please understand this fact beforehand.
for further information please feel free to visit our office in Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13)
If you Interested to apply this opportunity Please send all documents above to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no latter than 16th November 2015.