Exchange Student Program
Exchange program is for students in SNU’s partner universities who wish to study at SNU for one or two semesters and transfer credits to their home institution. The first official student exchange program launched in 1995 with the University of Tokyo and the number of institutions where they agreed for student exchange program has increased to 216 institutions all over the world. To be an exchange student, candidates must be officially nominated by their home institution and pay the tuition fee at their home institution.
Visiting Student Program
Visiting student program is offered to students who are from non-partner universities but wants to study at SNU for one or two semesters. Students should pay the tuition fee at SNU and may request for credit transfer at their home institution. Visiting students cannot apply for SNU dormitory. To apply for a visiting student program, students must apply directly to the Office of International Affairs, SNU.
Application Criteria & Process
– Must be enrolled at least 2 semesters at home institute
– Have a GPA 3.0 or above / 4.0
– Language proficiency of either English or Korean is highly recommended, but not compulsory
– The College of Medicine is restricted to students who are currently studying medicine at their home university.
– The College of Dentistry is open ONLY to masters level students currently enrolled in a master program at School of Dentistry or equivalent at their home university. The student exchange program is NOT available at the undergraduate level for the College of Dentistry.
– Applicants, who apply for the Korean History major, must provide a proof of Korean language ability. A satisfactory level of Korean language ability should be either (1) Level 5 or above of official Korean Language Proficient Test or (2) Level 5 or above of the Korean Test conducted at the SNU Language Institute.
– The College of Business Administration is restricted to students who are currently studying business or economics at their home university.
– Vocal Music major is restricted to students who are currently studying vocal music at their home university.
– MBA program does not accept exchange program through the OIA. In order to apply for an exchange program at MBA, please inquire at email@example.com
- Student of Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Statement of purpose (Please use letter size paper 81⁄2′′ x 11′′) (in English or in Korean)
- Certificate of enrollment from faculty
- Official academic transcript
- English proficiency certificate (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two Letters of Recommendation from two of your professors. Please use the SNU letter of recommendation form. Download: [Recommendation_Form]
- Photocopy of Passport
- Two photographs (3 x 4)
- Only for Fine Arts, Music, and Physical Education applicants: Photographs of works/recording of performances
Please send two copies of documents above to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no latter than 05th October 2015.
For further information about Program Fees, living expenses etc Download : [SNU Student Exchange Program Application Guideline for Spring 2016]